[theme-reviewers] Theme check when uploading

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 23 21:00:04 UTC 2014

Why am I only hearing about these issues now? The theme check plugin was
released with the latest code over 3 weeks ago, and I asked for testers
here 2 weeks before that. I gave it three weeks after release before I
moved the code into production on WordPress.org, and I didn't hear anything
about these problems before that.

Right now, I'm getting ready to leave for WCSF tomorrow, and I'll likely be
there all week. I will try to take a look at it, but for now, you simply
can't upload your theme because it doesn't pass the theme-check process,
and nobody told me about these issues for well over a month.

If there is a problem, telling somebody about it sooner is probably a good
idea.

-Otto

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Corey McKrill <cmckrill at jestro.com> wrote:

> I’m running into a similar issue with the same theme check rule that Sami
> encountered. I have a function called
> register_post_type_support_for_builder(). It does not register a custom
> post type. Unfortunately, I can't easily rename it because it's a helper
> function for developers to use that's been in for several versions, so
> changing it now could cause sites to fatal.
>
> I'm also getting this error:
>
> REQUIRED: Found a Customizer setting that did not have a sanitization
> callback function. Every call to the add_setting() method needs to have a
> sanitization callback function passed.
>
> I have verified that all of my settings have a sanitization callback.
> However, the parameters for each setting are stored in a variable rather
> than being fed into the add_setting() method inline.
>
> Given that both of these are false positives, is there another way I can
> get my theme update submitted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Corey
> The Theme Foundry | https://thethemefoundry.com
>
> On October 22, 2014 at 8:56:06 AM, Sami Keijonen (sami.keijonen at foxnet.fi)
> wrote:
>
> Yep, updated already and sent new version.
>
> On 22 October 2014 19:54, Justin Tadlock <justin at justintadlock.com> wrote:
>
>> I just do a check if the post type exists rather than the function name
>> myself.
>>

>>> --
>>> Sami Keijonen
>>> Fox Holding Oy