[theme-reviewers] Theme check when uploading

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 23 21:27:08 UTC 2014

WRT the register_post_type, I made a change to the check to make it
slightly more accurate in determining what looks like function calls
instead of simple string matching. You can use the development version of
the theme-check plugin to test and see if this adjustment works to solve
your issue: https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/developers/

Please test this version of the plugin. I need positive confirmation from
you that this fix works before I move it into production on the .org
uploader.

For the Customizer add_setting issue, there won't be a fix. Don't put your
argument data in a variable like that, just pass them directly inside the
function call. There is no realistic way to write code which can parse your
arbitrary variables or other things of that nature and determine whether or
not you are actually using sanitization callbacks. And since this is an
important security precaution, the check is a necessary one. So, change
your code to put the parameters right there where the function call is.

-Otto

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Corey McKrill <cmckrill at jestro.com> wrote:

> I’m running into a similar issue with the same theme check rule that Sami
> encountered. I have a function called
> register_post_type_support_for_builder(). It does not register a custom
> post type. Unfortunately, I can't easily rename it because it's a helper
> function for developers to use that's been in for several versions, so
> changing it now could cause sites to fatal.
>
> I'm also getting this error:
>
> REQUIRED: Found a Customizer setting that did not have a sanitization
> callback function. Every call to the add_setting() method needs to have a
> sanitization callback function passed.
>
> I have verified that all of my settings have a sanitization callback.
> However, the parameters for each setting are stored in a variable rather
> than being fed into the add_setting() method inline.
>
> Given that both of these are false positives, is there another way I can
> get my theme update submitted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Corey
> The Theme Foundry | https://thethemefoundry.com
>
> On October 22, 2014 at 8:56:06 AM, Sami Keijonen (sami.keijonen at foxnet.fi)
> wrote:
>
> Yep, updated already and sent new version.
>
> On 22 October 2014 19:54, Justin Tadlock <justin at justintadlock.com> wrote:
>
>> I just do a check if the post type exists rather than the function name
>> myself.
>>

>>> --
>>> Sami Keijonen
>>> Fox Holding Oy