[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Help

carolina poena myazalea at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 17:05:22 UTC 2013

Is the more function required if the (index) is only showing excerpts?

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:54:19 -0400
From: chip at chipbennett.net
To: theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
Subject: Re: [theme-reviewers] Theme Review Help

Design aesthetic would usually dictate what method is used to handle long, non-breaking text. The critical concern is that long, non-breaking text doesn't *break* the layout.
"More" function does need to function properly.

Handling of a given menu size is also part of design aesthetic, though it is appropriate to require the developer to include any unusual limitations (such as "primary menu only supports 5 top-level menu items") in the Theme documentation (i.e. readme file) so that the end user is aware.

The number and severity of these issues is such that I would list them as *required*, but approve the ticket on the basis that they be addressed in the next Theme revision.