[theme-reviewers] Why the double standards and why Pagelines gets special treatment?

Satish Gandham satish.iitg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:37:38 UTC 2012

Why is my theme suspended from the repository without any official notice
even after I updated the TOS on my site and why pagelines still continues
to be in the repository with their ambiguous licenses and TOS and after
violating several theme review guidelines?

1. Fav icon enabled by default.
2. Logo set by default.
3. Logo added to footer.
4. Top level admin menu.

@otto

"I made PageLines featured. The reason I did it is because it was a special
case, I reviewed the code and features of it at one point, thought it was
pretty cool, and so I popped it in there."
ref:
http://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-reviewers/2012-February/008259.html

How can you make the decision to make a theme featured when you are
associated with the lead developer of the theme?

Who are the so called theme admins? Who are the people who decided to give
pagelines special treatment?