[theme-reviewers] Why the double standards and why Pagelines gets special treatment?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Mar 24 17:55:59 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Satish Gandham <satish.iitg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is my theme suspended from the repository without any official notice
> even after I updated the TOS on my site

Your theme is suspended because you have failed to adhere to the
guidelines. Upsell themes must be GPL as well.

You *were* informed, by me, via email. I gave you more than enough
time to remedy the situation. You have failed to do so.

> and why pagelines still continues to
> be in the repository with their ambiguous licenses and TOS and after
> violating several theme review guidelines?

First off, as I explained earlier, Pagelines asked for a special case
situation, and was granted it.

Secondly, instead of spending time searching out and criticizing other
themes, it would be a matter of minutes to fix your own terms of
service to adhere to the guidelines. All you have to do is to make the
CSS & images GPL'd as well.

> How can you make the decision to make a theme featured when you are
> associated with the lead developer of the theme?

I'm not sure how you define "associated". I've met him. That's about it.

> Who are the so called theme admins? Who are the people who decided to give
> pagelines special treatment?

Chip Bennett, Edward Caissie, Simon Prosser, and Emil Uzelac. They all
are on this mailing list too.