[theme-reviewers] Why the double standards and why Pagelines gets special treatment?

Satish Gandham satish.iitg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:29:27 UTC 2012

What is the need for the exception regarding the fav icon, a top level
menu, having their logo enabled by default, having the logo in footer.

Themes are about presentation of user content, how can the store be
included in the theme?

*What they're really saying with their statement there is their level of
commitment to support. If you buy the developer license, then you're
getting support for using the theme as a developer (on client sites),
and not just support for using the theme on your own sites.*

How do you know what they are saying when it clearly says otherwise?

The only support they offer is through forum, there is no way for them to
know if the question asked by the user is for their personal or client site.

What they are doing is telling the users that they can not use the theme
bought with professional license on client sites.

* Pagelines specifically *asked* for special treatment before submitting
their theme, and we worked with them to clarify what the special cases
contained. *

Who are included in we ? Whom should a theme developer contact if they need
special treatment for their theme?

* If you don't like our terms and are not willing to discuss them in a
civilized manner, then you're more than welcome to not submit your
theme to the Themes Directory. We don't mind. *

Problem is not with the terms, but the double standards and special
treatment for some themes.