[theme-reviewers] Can anyone give me the final list of things I need to do

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jun 18 14:36:18 UTC 2012

I Sakin,

I can appreciate you frustration; however, the reviewers have to play a bit
of a balancing act, between doing complete, thorough reviews at the expense
of letting the review queue grow, and doing shorter reviews in order to
keep the review queue clear. Our current stance is that once the reviewer
finds REQUIRED issues, the reviewer may use his own discretion regarding
whether or not to continue the review. It is incumbent upon the Theme
developer to ensure all REQUIRED guidelines are met prior to submission.

Now, if a reviewer is marking RECOMMENDED guidelines as REQUIRED, that is
another matter. But the best place to resolve such issues is first *in the
ticket*.

As a reminder to Reviewers: *do* *not list RECOMMENDED items in a ticket,
unless they are clearly differentiated, and do not distract, from any
REQUIRED issues noted in the ticket*. The primary purpose of the ticket is
to communicate to the developer those things that are required in order for
the Theme to be approved.

Thanks,

Chip