[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Tue Jun 12 13:12:18 UTC 2012

Please re-read.

-----Original Message-----
From: Otto
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:04 AM
To: theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
Subject: Re: [theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4
appearance -> background

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> .. custom-background arguments are flawed to begin with, it needs the
> additional $args for repeat fixed xloc yloc and etc.

That's not flawed, that's just a matter of setting extra arguments or
using the defaults.

> If the need to have 'background-image: none;’  is there, why not create a
> diff that has a button for it as a setting?

No, having background-image:none there doesn't work if the
custom_background class is missing, so that doesn't work either.

If using the custom-background functionality, it's necessary for a
theme to not define a background in the stylesheet at all.