[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jun 11 23:30:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:
> Parent theme is updated to have arguments specifying a background.
> \/ ---- in order of execution
> Parent Style.css:
> body { background-image: none; }
>
> Child Style.css:
> body { background-image: url('specifictochildtheme.jpg'); }
>
> Some Plugin (if even used to override)
> body { background-image: url('somepluginoverride.jpg'); }
>
> The above two/three are *never* be seen because of this:
> body.custom-background exists and body.custom-background { background-image:
> none; }
>
> Thousand and thousands of child themes that were developed would suddenly
> have "issues" because the custom-background background-image: none; will
> override all.
>
> All to have an implementation in the backend to remove a background.

Okay. IMO, you made your child themes wrong to begin with. If the
parent theme used the custom-backgrounds, then you should have used
that to set the background instead of overriding with a child theme's
style.css.

But you got your wish, over my objections. Now help me make it work
properly insofar as theme-reviewing goes.