[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jun 11 22:55:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Amy Hendrix <sabreuse at gmail.com> wrote:
> or "If the theme uses the core custom-background functionality, a
> background MUST NOT be specified in the stylesheet. This will ensure
> that end users can change or remove the background with the expected
> results."

After experimentation with a test theme (on the latest trunk), this is
the only rule that will actually work and not break the UX of the
custom-background screens.

Custom-background is simply not compatible in any way with specifying
a background in the style.css file. Style.css files must not contain a
background-image attached to body in if they are using the
custom-background functionality.