[theme-reviewers] Something we need to check for 3.4 appearance -> background

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Mon Jun 11 22:54:49 UTC 2012

As it should be.   If the appearance -> background image isn't set, there
should not be a custom-background code or body class.

As I have referred many times to the reason why that you are neglecting to
reason with.

You find me wrong about it, I find you wrong about your method.

You want to add steps the end user will not be familiar with *no* fallback.
Just for a single quick-option to remove all backgrounds.   While the end
user has been for years now been familiar with editing the style.css
making/modifying a child theme or using a plugin.

Instead of keeping the status quo the implementation of it doesn't warrant
the difficulty in providing support for it.   It's basically like telling
people to user newheader.php instead of header.php from now on.