[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display Text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 5 18:05:22 UTC 2021

#53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display
Text
---------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  deborah86      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by Clorith):

 Hiya,

 Having used Twenty Twenty for a fair bit of bbPress testing my self, I
 figured I'd add some thoughts here as well, after trying a brand new
 WordPress 5.7.1 install with only the bbPress plugin active, and the
 Twenty Twenty theme, to try and replicate what you are experiencing.

 I'm not able to replicate the scenario from the screenshot you showed in
 the original report, but it looks to me like bbPress' themes and styles
 are being removed from the page for some reason. As @desrosj mentioned
 though, the plugin you are working with is a premium one, so it's not
 possible for us to look into this any deeper, but it certainly appears to
 be a problem on their end. If they know for certain the problem is with
 the theme, I would suggest you let them know that they should open a
 ticket (or provide details in this one) as to what that problem is, so we
 can find a solution together.

 I did notice that you are using scripts to minify CSS and JS on your site
 into singular files, which may very well be the cause of your problems, as
 it would have then combined the scripts for pages outside the forums view,
 where the bbPress styles have not been loaded originally. If you need
 further help troubleshooting this though, I would suggest creating a topic
 at our [https://wordpress.org/support/forums support forums], where one of
 the many volunteers may be able to help you troubleshoot this particular
 issue further.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53147#comment:6>