[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display Text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 5 23:20:58 UTC 2021

#53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display
Text
---------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  deborah86      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by deborah86):

 @Clorith

 Thanks for the response.  It seems I am getting the run around about who
 to contact. bbPress and BuddyBoss both say it is the theme why you are
 saying it is the plugins.

 Here is the response I got from bbPress: [https://bbpress.org/forums/topic
 /twenty-twenty-theme-causing-jumbled-text-on-forum-page/]

 I can't post the response I got from BuddyBoss because I contacted them by
 email.

 **As @desrosj mentioned though, the plugin you are working with is a
 premium one, so it's not possible for us to look into this any deeper, but
 it certainly appears to be a problem on their end.**

 BuddyBoss platform is an opensource plugin. You can download it free on
 their website. You only need to pay if you buy the theme. I am referring
 to their platform, not their theme.

 **If they know for certain the problem is with the theme, I would suggest
 you let them know that they should open a ticket (or provide details in
 this one) as to what that problem is, so we can find a solution
 together.**

 I will let both bbPress and BuddyBoss know to open a ticket on their end.

 **I did notice that you are using scripts to minify CSS and JS on your
 site into singular files, which may very well be the cause of your
 problems, as it would have then combined the scripts for pages outside the
 forums view, where the bbPress styles have not been loaded originally.**

 I already tested the website without the minified CSS and JS. I also
 tested with the other default themes with the minified CSS and JS. The
 issue is only with the TwentyTwenty theme.

 **If you need further help troubleshooting this though, I would suggest
 creating a topic at our support forums, where one of the many volunteers
 may be able to help you troubleshoot this particular issue further.**

 I will do that but no one over there answers any of the questions related
 to bugs in the theme.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53147#comment:7>