[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27499: When creating new subdomain site, siteurl and home are set to http:// instead of https://

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 14 16:37:13 UTC 2020

#27499: When creating new subdomain site, siteurl and home are set to http://
instead of https://
--------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  tomdxw              |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  closed

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:19 mauricev2]:
 > Are you aware that by doing it this way and all the sites in question
 are reachable via https, the browser will block the mixed content request
 and result in this obscure error:

 > "Publishing failed. You are probably offline."

 Good catch! Yes, that error seems too generic and can happen for various
 reasons, that are generally support requests. We could probably display a
 better error for the mixed content issue.

 Looks like it was already mentioned on GitHub, but not in the context of
 improving the message:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/23942

 Maybe creating a new GitHub issue for improving the message in case of
 mixed content would be the way to go.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27499#comment:20>