[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 13 15:37:55 UTC 2019

#48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic
Editor
-------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  Ate Up With Motor  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by Ate Up With Motor):

 Thanks for the component clarification.

 I'm afraid I must strongly disagree that this is "a necessary transition."
 Previously, the color scheme didn't change the color of the secondary
 buttons (so far as I ever noticed), which was considerably more legible
 regardless of the color scheme used.

 While the gray background of the toolbar doesn't help the contrast issues,
 none of the available color choices seems particularly desirable for
 buttons and button text even in instances where the secondary button is
 against a white background. I believe that black or even dark gray button
 text would be significantly more legible in all or nearly all of these
 instances, and it's frustrating that there is now no way to achieve that.
 If some people want to have lime green buttons (on a white background or
 not), that's certainly their prerogative, but there should be some more
 legible alternative.

 I submitted a separate ticket with a related feature request (to be able
 to customize the color selections in the Admin Color Schemes choices),
 which would help a lot.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48585#comment:4>