[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 13 15:24:57 UTC 2019

#48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic
Editor
-------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  Ate Up With Motor  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by afercia):

 * focuses:  accessibility, administration => ui, accessibility
 * component:  Editor => Administration

Comment:

 > For the default color scheme, I guess the issue on the Classic Editor is
 related to the grey background used in the toolbar

 Yep, worth noting the secondary buttons style was changed also for
 consistency with the block editor (Gutenberg) buttons style. Consistency
 is important though as @audrasjb mentioned the buttons alternate schemes
 work better in the block editor because the background is white.

 I'd tend to think this is a necessary transition though, as the styling of
 UI elements should be the same across all the WordPress various
 components.

 I'd also agree the alternate color schemes would need some improvements
 (this is a pending issue since... some years) but the only color scheme
 that aims to be fully accessible is the default one. I'd kindly ask to
 refrains from sentences like "a complete accessibility fail" as that's not
 greatly helpful nor constructive.

 Changing the component to "Administration" as it doesn't relate just to
 the Classic Editor.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48585#comment:3>