[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 19 22:15:03 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:

Comment (by pipdig):

 +1 for reverting the Text widget back and creating a new widget with
 TinyMCE functionality.

 We're receiving more and more support requests relating to this with
 people finally updating to 4.8. I don't think the full effect of this
 breaking change has been felt yet...

 For the first time, we're now recommending to clients that they should
 hold-off on updating to the latest version. Sad times.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:12>