[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 19 22:42:31 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:

Comment (by skoen):

 Replying to [comment:12 pipdig]:
 > +1 for reverting the Text widget back and creating a new widget with
 TinyMCE functionality.

 > We're receiving more and more support requests relating to this with
 people finally updating to 4.8. I don't think the full effect of this
 breaking change has been felt yet...

 > For the first time, we're now recommending to clients that they should
 hold-off on updating to the latest version. Sad times.

 +1 here as well. It's sad to make them hold off on an update that adds
 better stuff into Wordpress. Just sad to see that they tried to fix the
 widgets. Haven't they heard the saying «Don't fix something that ain't
 broken». I would rather have Hello Dolly removed from WP than this widget
 «fix»

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:13>