[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 19 18:53:41 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:

Comment (by carasmo):

 Yes, nearly every tut on "how to add an image" or how to add this or that
 is using the old text widget and regular html. ( The new image widget
 doesn't even allow a link. Who does that? So rare. And confusing. Regular
 people don't think in terms of a link with an image, it's just an image. I
 just had a client the new Image widget and wonder how to add a link, so I
 used an image widget that had an optional field for a link and used
 {{{
 unregister_widget('WP_Widget_Media_Image');
 }}}

 so she wouldn't be confused.)

 I would switch the text widget back to the previous text widget, just
 rename it html widget and add a rich text editor.

 WordPress is super confusing these days.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:11>