[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7161: Remove auto-closure from support from threads and add warning if thread is old instead

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 21 08:17:05 UTC 2023

#7161: Remove auto-closure from support from threads and add warning if thread is
old instead
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  alh0319         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by zodiac1978):

 As already mentioned, this was already discussed in #6722:

 @zodiac1978
 > The other point is that auto-closing after 6 months. Coming from the POV
 of a plugin support rep this can be a problem. Sometimes features are
 needing more time than 6 months and I couldn't inform user about the new
 feature. Creating a topic just to ping them seems a bit too much. The same
 applies for new/better supporters or later found solutions or plugin
 adoptions/sells and a new team re-checking old threads ...

 > How about allowing support reps and committers to open threads again or
 post in them even if they are closed, like mods/admins it can do.

 Reply from @ipstenu
 > I mean... not to point a point to it, but if it takes 6 months to make a
 change, maybe you need a better way to track changes so you could tell
 people "We've put this on our to do list, but it may be a significant
 amount of time. Please follow our blog and it'll notify you when we get
 there."

 > Otherwise, from a user perspective, y'all ghosted people for 6 months.
 They probably moved on or gave up.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7161#comment:15>