[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 12 16:33:21 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by poena):

 Replying to [comment:51 luehrsen]:
 > Replying to [comment:50 kafleg]:
 > > Regarding the name of the Block theme and Classic theme, we discussed
 in the themes team meeting and agreed to use that term. Here is the
 meeting note. https://make.wordpress.org/themes/2021/12/15/themes-team-
 meeting-notes-december-14-2021/

 > Okay, that made me raise my brow a bit. That discussion was held with 8
 (eight!) people in agreement on the same day as SotW, on the open floor
 (meaning not on the agenda), in SIX minutes.

 > Is that considered official?

 The team meetings are never held to **exclude** anyone.

 What does "official" mean? Do the attendees of that meeting speak for the
 entire WordPress project and make decisions for the project? Of course
 not.
 Does it mean that descriptions can never change? Of course not.
 The team needed to choose which terms to use so that we could try to reach
 an understanding of what we were talking about when say "block theme" and
 "full site editing".

 The only guidance I have seen from a lead regarding naming is to ''not''
 use "block-based".

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:57>