[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 12 15:57:14 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by bph):

 Call me naive: I don't see how a link to the /tag/full-site-editing page
 harms classic themes.

 If an user knows what a block theme is they are there to search for it,
 and the link gives those users a faster path to find them.

 If a user doesn't know what block themes are they won't click on it and
 search the Themes directory as they do before, probably clicking on
 "Popular" to leverage social proof one way or other.

 I can see that the label "Block Themes" for an outsider might mean "can
 handle blocks" in a more general term. I don't have a good suggestion as
 an alternative label, apart from "Site Editor Themes" Or "Themes with Site
 Editor".

 The ticket's title is definitely misleading, using the word 'priority' as
 that doesn't seem to be actually the intention of this Link request. I
 would call it visibility.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:56>