[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4634: Add new status for updated themes and prevent them being set live automatically

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 28 22:57:31 UTC 2019

#4634: Add new status for updated themes and prevent them being set live
automatically
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dingo_d                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [ticket:4634 dingo_d]:
 > Currently, theme updates aren't checked by the review team. So,
 technically, a user could create an ok theme, pass the review and his
 theme would be set live. Then they could modify the theme to include some
 forbidden things (obtrusive upselling, demo xml in the theme or some
 tracking code even), and we would be none the wiser, since updates are
 closed and set live automatically.

 You can see the Theme updates for that lot here:
 https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/query?priority=theme+update&status=closed&col=id&col=summary&col=changetime&desc=1&order=id

 That process was requested by the TRT and implemented in [2686] & [2691]

 > In addition to that, we have a problem with themes that haven't been
 updated for over 2 years. Once you update them, they are set live, but
 don't show in any of the current trac queues
 (https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/report)

 Can you post an example theme for that? There's no intentional "theme not
 updated in 2 years" checks that I'm aware of, I think it's more of a side
 effect of the above changes.
 Kind of need to see the state of everything ''before'' the Trac ticket
 and/or theme are touched/fixed though, so please feel free to ping me in
 slack next time you find one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4634#comment:6>