[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4634: Add new status for updated themes and prevent them being set live automatically

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 29 03:22:40 UTC 2019

#4634: Add new status for updated themes and prevent them being set live
automatically
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dingo_d                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by kevinhaig):

 TRT did decide a while back to auto live updates. So I really do not know
 why this needs to be changed.

 For sure it is a security risk, and severe penalties such as banning/theme
 suspension should apply when an author circumvents requirements in this
 way. But we seldom hold authors accountable.

 At issue is the queue would be huge if we stopped doing this.

 Updates should be spot checked and if problems are found and authors are
 abusing the trust of the update system, then severe penalties should be
 administered.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4634#comment:8>