[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2600: source listing for _get_term_hierarchy() in code reference is not actually for that function

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 25 19:39:13 UTC 2018

#2600: source listing for _get_term_hierarchy() in code reference is not actually
for that function
---------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new

Comment (by DrewAPicture):

 I honestly have no idea why only that private function was ignored at that
 time.

 There were definitely other private functions that were left alone. The
 change from `@access private` for that function may have been purely
 incidental at the time – when you're making general docs fixes in a big
 file, you tend to fix whatever you see. So it's possible that I just
 didn't touch the docs for the other private functions.

 Based on the date difference between that changeset and [2431], it looks
 like the `@ignore` was added in that brief period when we were ignoring
 private functions, which would have fallen about 6 months before we
 started showing the private access messages in the Code Reference.

 Lacking context I would even say we could just restore the `@access
 private` tag to it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2600#comment:5>