[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2600: source listing for _get_term_hierarchy() in code reference is not actually for that function

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 25 17:09:47 UTC 2018

#2600: source listing for _get_term_hierarchy() in code reference is not actually
for that function
---------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new

Comment (by coffee2code):

 Ok, so I finally looked into this. I feared initially this was going to be
 a tricky problem with the parser. But it appears to be rather
 straightforward.

 In [core32453], the `@ignore` dockblock tag was added to
 `_get_term_hierarchy()` as part of a general docs cleanup for that file.
 Prior to that commit, the function was marked `@access private` so it was
 regularly getting parsed into the Code Reference. As of that commit, the
 parser was directed to ignore parsing the function. The parser doesn't
 have state-change handling, so the docs for `_get_term_hierarchy()` have
 remained in an unchanged state since then. Naturally, code elsewhere in
 the file has since changed, so the stored source code line numbers no
 longer point to the appropriate lines.

 I updated the line number for the function and re-cached the source code
 so the docs are correct for now. Going forward we need to revert the
 `@ignore` back to `@access private`, or we need to delete the function
 from the Code Reference.

 @DrewAPicture: Was ignoring this sole function intentional? There are
 other private functions in the file that weren't ignored and I'm not sure
 why the change for this one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2600#comment:3>