[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #915: More information to enable making plugin update decisions on plugin stats tab

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 4 01:44:24 UTC 2015

#915: More information to enable making plugin update decisions on plugin stats
tab
  Reporter:  galbaras     |      Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  reopened
Resolution:               |   Keywords:

Comment (by galbaras):

 I get that this is not a centralized-control system and that some things
 take time to change. I have a lot of respect for the people who give their
 time to making the system better. This is my way of giving back.

 Not sure how, but I'm pretty sure that to make WordPress sites (blogs, not
 wordpress.org) the most stable and hassle free, unless there is strict
 quality control in the plugin repository, the next best thing is to
 provide quick and reliable ways for site owners to make update decisions.
 I'm hoping that's easier to do.

 Maybe this should not be a response to the plugin usage graph, but it's
 still important, so can you suggest some other way of pushing it through?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/915#comment:8>