[wp-hackers] Admin font support to reflect all major platforms

Chetan Kunte ckunte at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:18:17 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:

>  What do you mean, "support"? By the CSS specification, it will fall back
>  to sans-serif if it can't find any of the others.
>
>  IMO, it's pointless specifying "Bitstream Vera Sans", because on most
>  Linux systems, it would be falling back to that anyway. Just because we
>  don't specify it doesn't mean we "don't support" it.

Yes, you're right---about falling back to sans-serif. May be I
should've replaced the word "support" with "enhance" :).

Lucida sans unicode (available by default in Windows), the next font
after Lucida Grande (natively Mac) looks pretty bad in Windows---in my
opinion. So according to me, wp-admin is worst viewed in Windows---as
per the present sequence of fonts in wp-admin CSS file. Also, I'm
wondering what Tahoma is doing there---it sure is not a web font (i.e.
readability: in terms of kerning and such like).
--
Chetan, ckunte.com