[wp-hackers] Admin font support to reflect all major platforms

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 00:00:24 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 12:28 +0100, Chetan Kunte wrote:
> font: 13px "Lucida Grande", "Bitstream Vera Sans", Calibri, Verdana,
> sans-serif; (==> Mac, Linux, Windows, and everyone else.)
>
> This would support Ubuntu and Vista along with the Mac [...]

What do you mean, "support"? By the CSS specification, it will fall back
to sans-serif if it can't find any of the others.

IMO, it's pointless specifying "Bitstream Vera Sans", because on most
Linux systems, it would be falling back to that anyway. Just because we
don't specify it doesn't mean we "don't support" it.

Heck, Ryan Boren apparently develops with Eclipse on Ubuntu (as I do,
too), and Lloyd Budd is also a strong advocate of Ubuntu.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/