[wp-design] Where do we go from here.

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Thu Jun 16 15:21:26 GMT 2005

Well, since I unfortunately am somewhat unable to code the clever PHP
and JavaScript required to make our mockups work, I'm fine with whoever
wants to actually do that. If that means Matt, I'm fine with that... as
long as he himself doesn't feel overwhelmed by it.

As for the latest mockups, I'm sort of divided.

On one hand I think the true strenghts are these:
- the layout hasn't changed much for a while. This means it's getting there.
- Many aspects haven't changed, as in collapse/expand, that means we
aren't averse to them.
- In general the ideas we're working with as to where logo is, how
navigation works etc. SEEMS to be really settling in.

On the other hand, there's the design.
- The logo is picked. I'm not entirely happy with it, but I'll do my
very best to work with it, and I do think it's possible to work with.
- I know I "led the way" with decorating, glassing and skinning it, but
I'm actually not that fond of what I did anymore. In other words, it was
more of a "trend" thing than an admin iface should be. An admin iface
should never "grow old". In other words, I would like to be a bit more
conservative when it comes to everything visual. I know I'm changing my
opinion on this, but I'll pay the price and do that mockup.

The important part:
The layout and functionality of the current mockups, I like. As for
styles, I'd like to give my advice asap.