[wp-design] Version 8

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:04:05 GMT 2005

Right time to tackle the latest version.

Stuff I like:
1. First off I love the white bar you've but right underneath the other
bars. Very very cool indeed. I was wondering how we might get around that
successfully. Less is more.
2. I like the use of blue rather than keeping it all shades of gray in the
rest of the opening and closing tabs.
3. I like what you've done with the time stamp comment as well. Both the
rounded edge and how the text pops out and the subtle gradient which is
there as well.

The thing I'm not keen on right now and honestly not sure how to go about it
is the tabs. The header in general should be something that just defines the
whole system. Do we do something like Blender and have some sort of image in
the background to every time a new version comes out? It could be as simple
as a pattern or whatever? I'm just throwing out thoughts and ideas now. We
can discard them but it's just to get talking about them to be honest.

I'll agree that some parts of the glass work very well for WP. The
alternative is what, brushed metal? Liquid? Chrome? Marble? Textured? None
of them really jumps at me and says yay that's cool, except maybe a subtle
(very very subtle) chrome,...maybe. Thoughts?