[wp-design] Second Draft

Chris Davis chrisdmitri at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 01:46:43 GMT 2005

Okay I lied.

After looking over what I hope was the latest mockup I had some points
I wanted to address.

http://chrisjdavis.org/wp-content/shuttle/v5.jpg

http://chrisjdavis.org/wp-content/shuttle/v5.psd

1. Controls or in our case fields, should be grouped together.  So I
have moved the post slug and password to the top of the right flanking
column.

2. I have "removed", just hidden really, the author box.  I doubt the
usefullness of this, I would imagine we don't want to give the users
the ability to post as someone else, and if we don't then why would we
list that?  If I am missing something there please enlighten me.

3. I am not sure why we thought the ability to delete a post should be
"advanced" so I moved it up where it is more appropriate.  Having left
aligned breaks it up from the safer publish and editing buttons, while
still having its placement make a little more sense.

4. Speaking of editing buttons, I am not sure why the 'save and
continue editing button' is missing, since that is probably the button
I use the most, and the one that I gripe about not being on the edit
page screen the most, so it is back.

5. I have moved send trackbacks to under the advanced area, since
Trackbacks are evil.  Also since we send pingbacks automagically I
think they (trackbacks) are more at home in the advanced area.

6. I have rejiggered the header area, and for the sake of illustration
changed the title to my title.  I think placing the logout/view site
bit under the title is a better way to go since as you can see some
blog titles can be quite long.  I also feel strongly that we should be
making the admin a little friendlier, I think the inclusion of welcome
text that displays the currently logged in users name is essential.

7. And finally I have centered the tab text, I am sure this will not
be a very popular change, but it was distressing that presentation
looked centered - due to its width, while all the others did not.
Centering them all is the only way to insure some normalcy accross
those controls.

Well anywhoo that is all for now, anything else that I want to tackle
would be more of a UI visual design and polish angle.