[theme-reviewers] Theme Activation Standards Clarification

Greg Priday greg at siteorigin.com
Tue Oct 21 07:32:57 UTC 2014

A few questions for a review I'm doing.

Should we currently be enforcing the 3.9 guideline revisions? This started
out as a post on the Make blog, but never seemed to be added to the
official guidelines. This includes the theme activation standards.

https://make.wordpress.org/themes/2014/04/03/wordpress-3-9-guidelines-revision-proposal-round-2/

Although the discussion never reached a conclusion, I assume themes are
allowed to show unboxing admin notices after activation? Would a standard,
unobtrusive admin notice that links to a welcome screen or theme setup page
count as an unboxing notice?

>From what I understand, we were just trying to avoid spammy notices after
theme activation.

--