[theme-reviewers] Embedded theme options frameworks and/or resources

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:15:53 UTC 2014

I would have concerns with an "approved framework" list as it implies it is
fully vetted and maintained ... which would be by whom?

Also, the "approved" part should also include the "approved implementation"
of the framework as well ... again who will be ensuring that is kept up to
date and accurate?

Granted it is very time-consuming to review a theme *and* any bundled
frameworks but that is simply the nature of reviewing. Themes are to stand
on their own merits, which means every time a theme is submitted for review
it should technically be reviewed in its entirety (although exceptions are
made for previously approved themes to allow for "diff" reviews even those
should be fully checked from time to time to ensure "old" code is still
correct and up to current standards).

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.