[theme-reviewers] Embedded theme options frameworks and/or resources

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Mon Oct 20 17:54:03 UTC 2014

I've just been helping with a review of a theme and taking a closer look at
the Options Framework.  It appears that it saves an option to the database
instead of using defaults.  Here's the relevant code, which is run on the
`admin_init` hook:
https://github.com/devinsays/options-framework-plugin/blob/master/includes/class-options-framework.php#L37

We've implemented a requirement of sane defaults and not writing default
options to the database since WP 3.9:
https://make.wordpress.org/themes/2014/07/09/using-sane-defaults-in-themes/

This is going to be problematic for any theme in the directory using the
Options Framework.  I've opened a ticket on GitHub to see if we can get
this changed:
https://github.com/devinsays/options-framework-plugin/issues/200