[theme-reviewers] Closing Tickets

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Jun 20 18:43:25 UTC 2014

All,

There seems to be some misunderstanding about the review workflow. A few of
the newer reviewers are leaving initial review comments, and immediately
closing the ticket. While that was our old workflow, it has not been our
current workflow for about a year.

Our current workflow is designed such that, as long as the ticket remains
open, any subsequent Theme updates that get submitted are automatically
appended to the open ticket - which allows for the review process to take
place in a single ticket. This process is much easier both for the
reviewers and for developers.

Tickets should only be closed under two circumstances:

1. The developer fails to respond within a reasonable time
2. The submission is not legitimate (ripped theme, spam theme, etc.)

We currently define "reasonable time" as a week. But in order to make
things even easier and consistent, I am asking that reviewers not close
tickets due to lack of developer response. This is something that I check
for, usually daily, in order to close tickets with no response, or to
request a status update.

So:

1. Do not close tickets due to lack of developer response. Admins will take
care of such ticket closures.
2. Do not post "bump" comments, as doing so impacts Admins' ability to
follow up on idle tickets.

The idea is that reviewers can just focus on doing reviews, and helping
developers proceed toward approval; Admins can focus on dealing with
tickets without developer response and otherwise idle tickets.

Thanks,