[theme-reviewers] Theme preview on wordpress.org

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Nov 8 16:01:46 UTC 2013

This is a problem with your theme itself.  Examine this code:

function fruitful_get_responsive_style () {
  $theme_options  = fruitful_ret_options("fruitful_theme_options");
  if (isset($theme_options['responsive'])) {
    if ($theme_options['responsive'] == 'on') {
      wp_enqueue_style('main-style',  get_stylesheet_uri());
    } else {
      wp_enqueue_style('main-style',  get_stylesheet_directory_uri()
.'/fixed-style.css');
    }
  }
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'fruitful_get_responsive_style', 20);

If the "fruitful_theme_options" isn't set, then you don't enqueue any
style.css file. And the fruitful_theme_options setting is not going to
be set on a default installation. Nor will it be set in the previewer.
Nor will the previewer even have the ability for that to be set.

You need to code your theme to use defaults correctly. A "default" is
what you get when there are no options set in the database at all.

-Otto