[theme-reviewers] Is a page builder plugin territory?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Mar 5 02:12:30 UTC 2013

I would love to see this as a Plugin, to be useful to other Themes. That
said: if you're basically using it to allow the user to customize the page
layout, and to add widgetized areas to a page, then I would consider that
to be very much Theme territory. I see it as no different from a Theme
offering pre-defined layout options, and pre-defined dynamic sidebars -
those also disappear when the Theme is switched, with no loss of
user-generated content.