[theme-reviewers] Is a page builder plugin territory?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 02:03:14 UTC 2013

I finally made time to look at that video ...

First off ... very cool!

Now, as far as theme versus plugin ... I can see it either way. The
key point being what happens to the content of the "page builder"
pages when/if the end-user switches themes?

If it degrades "gracefully" so the page content is still functionally
displayable then I would be willing to consider it as a theme
"feature".
That you are willing to (also?) release a plugin to recreate this
functionality in other themes actually could argue against this
"feature" being included but I am willing to see it considered as a
"special" case due to the uniqueness of the functionality you are
offering within this theme (and future different theme releases to the
repository?).

I want to see this as an innovation ... and innovation is good!

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.