[theme-reviewers] Review-Continuation Tickets, and Reviewing Previous Tickets

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jan 7 23:33:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Merci Javier <mercijavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see where you're coming from. The same thing happened to me. I gave a 3-4
> days grace period to theme author to replace a bundled non-GPL font. I would
> like to add that the next theme reviewer should post a note in previous trac
> ticket to inform the previous theme reviewer what's going on with the theme.
>
> I was also thinking that I was wrong in keeping the trac ticket open then. I
> should have closed the ticket as not-approved right away and reported the
> theme for removal from theme extend live until the theme was resubmitted
> with GPL-font. The Plugins Review Team are quite strict with the GPL
> requirement where they take down any plugin with non-GPL bundled elements
> within minutes/hours/a-day. What's the theme review team's stand on this?

On that, it's zero tolerance as far as hosting goes, just the same as
with plugins.

- A currently available theme using non-GPL-compatible anything will
be suspended when we are alerted to it, and the theme author will be
notified of the problem. They can submit a new version of the theme
without the problematic component.

- A theme that is not yet available via /extend/themes and is only up
for review, well, you can adopt whatever policy you like there. Keep
it open, work with the theme author, don't, whatever you like. Most
license issues are accidental, the author either didn't know of the
license requirements or just didn't think to check the license on a
third-party component. No reason to be harsh about it, just inform of
the issue, perhaps suggest replacements.