[theme-reviewers] Theme Reviwers

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Thu May 3 23:36:32 UTC 2012

> - CSS Styles: <div style="background:#000;"> that's not accepted

Even for admin pages? I understand for a front-end facing page you would
want the styles not to be inline so as to facilitate ease of use for a
theme user, but specifically for things like widget options (to be shown
under Appearance -> Widgets, not how the widget renders to an end user)
having explicit CSS classes is probably going to be overkill.

- jQuery Functions: Must be within a e.g. js/example.js not embedded in
> Theme directly

What about dynamic JS, where wp_localize_script is not an option (E.g. JS
code repeated within a PHP loop)? Or do you explicitly mean functions only
(and not calls to functions)?

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Emil Uzelac <emil at themeid.com> wrote:

> Hey Reviewers,
>
> As I was going over some reviews I am seeing that some of us are not
> catching some of the obvious "issues" with the Themes.
>
> - Theme/Author URL: please click on them please, not only that some will
> be SPAM but also to see if the site even exist. When I clicked on one today
> the domain name was not even registered
> - jQuery: Only WordPress bundled can be used, nothing else, this is
> clearly marked in Theme Review guides
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review
> - jQuery Functions: Must be within a e.g. js/example.js not embedded in
> Theme directly
> - CSS Styles: <div style="background:#000;"> that's not accepted
>
> Trac is pretty cleaned out, there's not too many Themes in it and thanks
> all for that, however we're not competing who will review more Themes.
> Something so obvious will need to be addressed first time around and in
> some cases I've seen that they were not reported in couple of reviews.
>
> No big deal, it would be nice to pay more attention to what we are looking
> at that's all.
>
> P.S. Create a plan and use that plan when reviewing Themes. I would take a
> Theme and start with some simple stuff such as header.php > index.php >
> footer.php than functions.php and sometimes there would be more than enough
> required items (preliminary review only) that I would not even install a
> Theme, SVN can tell you plenty. But that's just me.
>

> Thanks,
> Emil

Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog
--
Beating Australia in Cricket is like killing a celebrity. The death gets
more coverage than the crime.