[theme-reviewers] Need Help

Galin Simeonov galin at galinsimeonov.com
Thu Mar 8 23:04:07 UTC 2012

@Chip: this is the link to the file:
http://themeforest.s3.amazonaws.com/License.zip, found on
http://themeforest.net/upload/help?type=wordpress
And this is another page that explains ThemeForest license policy in a
somewhat user-friendly manner:
http://blog.themeforest.net/site-news/important-change-new-gpl-license-for-all-wordpress-themes/

@Otto: Apparently ThemeForest enforce their own proprietary license to all
themes sold through their site. The author can't choose to offer it as 100%
GPL-compatible. And to my understanding, '100%' includes CSS, JavaScript,
and images.

I'm curious what's the official statement on this matter.

Not because I'm on a crusade against ThemeForest. I'm actually toying with
the idea of offering themes with parts that are not GPL-compatible (images
mostly) - on the same site/page I've pointed out in the Author URI section
of my wordpress.org-hosted themes...