[theme-reviewers] Need Help

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Mar 8 22:40:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Bruce Wampler <weavertheme at gmail.com> wrote:
> I took the limitations on CSS, images, and design at ThemeForest to really
> exclude GPL compatibility. I mean, you really can't build a theme without at
> least CSS and at least one image. And what is design? So that ended any
> consideration of adding my theme there given the WP.org requirement that any
> theme in the repository can be distributed on other sites only if they are
> 100% GPL compatible there.

I don't know what ThemeForest's rules are, but... it's your theme,
your work, your code. Can't you distribute it under any license you
like?

We require themes distributed from our repo to be 100% GPL-compatible.
I don't know of any reason you couldn't put the same theme you created
on another site as well, under any licensing terms you like, dual or
not.