[theme-reviewers] XML theme

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 20 14:45:46 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Baptiste Lafontaine
<baptiste33 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay then, being on wordpress.org would be nice too.

In which case you can't really have a plugin requirement with the theme.

You're speaking in generalities, so I can only give you very general
answers, but there's really nothing a plugin can do that a theme
cannot do. If you have some code that needs to be there to parse the
XML from the game or whatever, put it in the theme and load it from
the functions.php file.

As far as the guidelines go, no, I don't think we'd need to waive the
guidelines for this theme. What you're talking about is an add-on
parser for the XML files and such, and that's doable while still
making a usable theme for things outside of the game-interface. You'd
still have to fit into the guidelines and still have the theme be
usable from within WordPress and still have the user-experience such
that somebody could post to the theme and such.