[theme-reviewers] Decaying of older themes and mass emailing users pre 3.0 to update their theme.

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jun 11 14:31:35 UTC 2012

If we could implement a system like Mozilla has for Firefox add-ons, where
the add-on can't be auto-installed from the repository if it doesn't work
with the user's current version of Firefox, then I agree that suspending
wouldn't be necessary.

Ideally, we could implement something similar, integrated into the
WP-Admin, in which the "Install" button is replaced with a "Doesn't work
with your version of WordPress" notice, thereby requiring the user to
download/install the Theme manually, then that might be the best of all
worlds.

Chip