[theme-reviewers] Unregistering default widgets

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Jun 1 11:43:53 UTC 2012

Actually, I use this. Mainly due to a lack of a better work-around (though
I'm open to ideas). I needed to modify the container markup slightly, to
implement the "show/hide" links for the Widgets. Rather than simply forking
the core Widgets as *new* Widgets, I deregister the core Widgets, and then
re-register my modified versions.

I don't mind using a different approach, if anyone has a good suggestion. I
mainly just don't want to load jQuery just for such a simple effect.

Chip