[theme-reviewers] Adding information to the WordPress Updates page

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Tue Jul 3 14:24:37 UTC 2012

I found that not including the translations with the releases of either plugins or themes is a better idea – and have them available off my site.   Translations are a finicky thing,  to the point where just a single word in a string might need updating and then you’ll have to go through the entire process of the theme review over again for something so simple.

This way also that people who do the translations can keep a space for the translations on their site and you just link to them.  That has worked well for me in the past.

You *can* do a phone home from within a theme, however you should/will have to use this function in order to be accepted by the repo:

wp_remote_fopen($url);

documentation:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_remote_fopen