[theme-reviewers] Adding information to the WordPress Updates page

Mats Birch birch at birchware.se
Tue Jul 3 14:16:34 UTC 2012

Since I didn't find an answer, I'll probably do that.

Another, related, thing:
As I said, most updates right now are new (and updated) translations.
And apart from the fact that most people don't want/need another
translation, it seems like a waste of time (yours, mostly) to go through
the review process for such things.

Would it be permissible to have an update checker in the theme? That is,
to occasionally "phone home" and display information about for example a
new translation, or even give the user the opportunity to try a beta?

I know the "phone home" thing is considered bad. But is that a rule
without exceptions?

Thanks.