[theme-reviewers] explicit license statements for binaries

Kirk Wight kwight at kwight.ca
Fri Feb 10 00:20:53 UTC 2012

Speaking of: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Licensing and
http://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-reviewers/2011-October/007141.html

How do you all handle licensing for binaries, such as images, fonts, etc?
I've been quite a hard-ass with it lately in my reviews because of the
above two references, but I'm noticing that it's difficult to even point
people to an approved theme in the repo where it's done well. And if it's
only a few images/graphics, are people being more lenient?

One could argue that if the explicit license isn't there for binaries, then
it falls under the general statement in style.css - but that makes me feel
funny.