[theme-reviewers] HTML Tags Deprecated in HTML5

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Sep 25 13:44:39 UTC 2011

Good morning, all,

Just a quick note regarding a minor change in the next version of the Theme
Unit Test Data:
http://wpthemetestdata.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/layout-test/3/

The ACRONYM, BIG, STRIKE, and TT tags aren't supported by
HTML5<http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_reference.asp>.
So if you're developing a Theme with the HTML doctype, you don't need to
worry about supporting them. Also, for reviewers: if you're reviewing a
Theme with the HTML doctype, support of these tags shouldn't be required.

I've split these tags out into a separate sub-heading of HTML5-deprecated
tags in the Layout Test, to help make this distinction clear. Let me know if
you have any other ideas or questions about the Theme Unit Test data.

Thanks,